Family Assistance Payments 2015

Home Based Business
July 9, 2016
2016 Budget
July 9, 2016

If you wish to claim family assistance payments for the 2014–15 financial year, you must lodge the lump sum claim with the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) by 30 June 2016. Family assistance payments include family tax benefit, child care benefit and single income family supplement.

Lodge your lump sum claim with Centrelink as soon as possible, even if you lodge it before you lodge your 2015 income tax return (ITR).

2015 Income Tax Return Due

Your 2015 ITR must be lodged by 30 June 2016. This is regardless of whether you receive the family assistance payments in instalments or as a lump sum at the end of the year. If you have a partner, their 2015 ITR is also due by this date. Lodgement deferrals granted by the ATO do not automatically apply to Centrelink claims.

If you or your partner do not need to lodge an ITR for 2015, you must notify Centrelink by 30 June 2016, even if you have notified ATO.

A delay in lodging the 2015 ITR or notifying Centrelink that a return is not necessary, even by one day, will result in you missing out on some or all of the family assistance payments for the 2014–15 financial year.

If you have any queries in relation to the family assistance, contact Centrelink on 13 61 50.


Call Accountants Cranbourne at 1300 300 106 for further information.