Travel Expenses DeductionJuly 8, 2016
Holiday Home RentalsJuly 8, 2016
You should be able to claim a tax deduction for overtime meals provided:
- You received Overtime Meals Allowance from the employer in accordance with the industrial law/agreement and your claim was a reasonable amount as well as you are able to substantiate your claim through receipts, diary entries etc.
- Any overtime meals amount which is included as a part of your wages rather than as an allowance on your payment summary is not considered as an Overtime Meal Allowance.
Keep in mind just because you have received an Overtime Meal Allowance does not automatically entitle you to the tax deduction. The actual expense incurred in relation to overtime meals is tax deductible.
When claiming Overtime Meals Allowance you can keep records of the following to substantiate your claim:
- Receipts/other written evidence.
- Diary entry to record expenses where you don’t have receipts, totalling less than $200.00
- Evidence of Overtime Meal Allowance such as payment summary, payslip etc.
Feel free to contact one of our expert Accountants Lynbrook on 1300 300 106 to find out more about your claim for Overtime Meals Allowance.